What is AASCP?
The aim of this association is the promotion of optimal smoking cessation practice in Australia by trained health professionals incorporating evidence-based practice with an ongoing learning objective.
Objectives of the Association
- Promoting smoking cessation by the sharing of smoking cessation strategies.
- Increasing and improving the number and quality of professionals involved in smoking cessation practice, particularly in health care facilities.
- Provide a shared forum for those health professionals working in the area of smoking cessation.
- Both attain and maintain high standards of practice by the membership.
- Become a primary referral body for smoking cessation policy.
- Work towards a national/local rebate/insurance/remuneration for smoking cessation interventions.
- Provision of an educational forum for members in the area of smoking cessation practice-annual update professional meetings.
- Maintain a database of practising professional members as a referral source.
- Communicate and disseminate information by electronic media or mail as available to the member.
- Provide a resource of current guidelines for smoking cessation practice and other informational resources as available.
- Increase public awareness of the availability of smoking cessation professionals.
- Approach funding bodies for financial support for smoking cessation strategies eg.
- Lobby Private Health Funds, State Governments.Association meeting to be held concurrently with topical or related conferences/meetings if practical.