- Research grants now available for nicotine dependence
- Call for Conference abstracts now open
- Free carbon monoxide interpretation chart for members
- Tips to avoid smoking in the festive season
- 2012 Smoking Cessation Update Day a great success
- New Australian smoking cessation treatment algorithm now available
- Australian Smoking Cessation Conference 2013 now confirmed
- Free access to ATTUD Listserv for 6 months for members
- NRT Update. Microtabs discontinued, new mouth spray available soon
- Australian Smoking Cessation Guidelines. Free hard copy available
- 2nd National Cannabis Conference, 19-21 Sept
- AASCP launch a great success!
- Official launch of AASCP
- 2012 UK National Smoking Cessation Conference, 18-19 June
- SRNT 2012 Annual Meeting Update
- New Australian Smoking Cessation Guidelines now available online
- AASCP response to Alpert study
- New Smokers Clinic at BMRI
- 2012 SRNT Annual Meeting
- Medicare rebates for TTS
- Update Day 2011
Conference dates: Wednesday 19 - Friday 21 September 2012
Organised by ncpic: national cannabis prevention and information centre
The topic areas have been chosen to respond to the developing evidence-base on issues such as cannabis and mental health. The emerging areas to be featured will include cannabis use and intervention approaches among Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities, school based approaches to preventing and reducing cannabis use, the role of genetics in cannabis use and dependence, the relationship between cannabis and tobacco, synthetic cannabinoids, and promising approaches to cannabis and comorbid mental health conditions. The conference will include perspectives from health, education, youth services and criminal justice sectors.
There will be workshops on Wednesday followed by the 2-day conference on Thursday and Friday which mixes national and international keynote speakers, free papers, datablitz, posters and social and networking opportunities.
The conference will be held at the Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre, Grey St, Brisbane.