- AASCP information sheet on electronic cigarettes now available
- Study confirms safety of Champix
- Members' Discussion Forum now fully operational
- Free carbon monoxide interpretation chart for members
- Tips to avoid smoking in the festive season
- New Australian smoking cessation treatment algorithm now available
- Australian Smoking Cessation Guidelines. Free hard copy available
- AASCP launch a great success!
- Official launch of AASCP
- 2012 UK National Smoking Cessation Conference, 18-19 June
- New Australian Smoking Cessation Guidelines now available online
- AASCP response to Alpert study
- 2016 SRNT Annual Meeting
- Medicare rebates for TTS
The latest Australian Smoking Cessation Guidelines were released recently.
The document, Supporting smoking cessation: a guide for health professionals 2011, incorporates a number of significant new developments in both the science and practice of cessation support. The guide aims to be a practical, succinct and evidence-based resource that can be used by a wide range of health professionals working in a variety of settings.
The guide updates two previous publications: Smoking cessation guidelines for Australian General Practice published by the Commonwealth of Australia in 2004 and Smoking cessation pharmacotherapy: an update for health professionals published by the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners in 2007.
The guide is available from the RACGP website at www.racgp.org.au/guidelines/smokingcessation. Hard copies are not yet available.