- AASCP information sheet on electronic cigarettes now available
- Study confirms safety of Champix
- Members' Discussion Forum now fully operational
- Free carbon monoxide interpretation chart for members
- Tips to avoid smoking in the festive season
- New Australian smoking cessation treatment algorithm now available
- Australian Smoking Cessation Guidelines. Free hard copy available
- AASCP launch a great success!
- Official launch of AASCP
- 2012 UK National Smoking Cessation Conference, 18-19 June
- New Australian Smoking Cessation Guidelines now available online
- AASCP response to Alpert study
- 2016 SRNT Annual Meeting
- Medicare rebates for TTS
We are delighted to announce that Professor Robert West will offfcially launch the Australian Association of Smoking Cessation Professionals (AASCP) on Monday 28 May at 10am.
The function will be held at the Brain & Mind Research Institute, 100 Mallett St, Camperdown.
Professor West (pictured at left) is Professor of Health Psychology, Health Behaviour Research Centre Department of Epidemiology and Public Health University College London, as well as Editor in Chief of the journal Addiction.
He will be introduced by Associate Professor Renee Bittoun, President of AASCP.
Professor West will discuss the evidence for and benefits of providing professional help for smokers and the role of trained Tobacco Treatment Specialists in helping smokers quit.
Also speaking will be Professor Ian Hickie, Professor of Psychiatry, Sydney Medical School and CEO of the Brain & Mind Research Institute.
There will also be a Q&A session with a former smoker who, after many attempts, has finally been able to quit thanks to the help of a Tobacco Treatment Specialist, and a demonstration of the new AASCP website.
For more information about Professor West: www.rjwest.co.uk.